Week 81: January 15 – 21, 2018
On 16 January 2018, BBM received a Notice from the House of Representatives Electoral Tribunal [HRET] regarding the decryption proceedings in the election protest of Padilla vs. Cuaresma.
On 17 January 2018, BBM received a Notice from the PET which resolved to :
1. Allow BBM to secure soft copies of the decrypted ballot images, election returns and audit logs of Camarines Sur, Iloilo and Negros Oriental subject to incidental costs. However, the official, printed and authenticated copies would be retained by the PET.
The PET further resolved to :
1. Deny BBM’s Partial Motion for Reconsideration to reverse the PET’s decision to grant Robredo’s Motion to secure soft copies of the decrypted ballot images and other reports of Camarines Sur, Iloilo and Negros Oriental;
2. Note the Letter from COMELEC regarding the election appeal case of Yusoph vs. Lajid;
3. Note and Grant the Letter from COMELEC regarding the transfer of certain ballot boxes involving Tabaco City;
4. Note the Memorandum regarding the compensation of the Head Revisor, among others;
5. Note the Memorandum to Hire one (1) Contractual Registered Psychometrician with a monthly salary of PhP40,000.- for an initial period of 3 month;.
On 17 January 2018, BBM received a Notice from the COMELEC informing the parties in the election protest of Daoaten vs. Biscarra that it would proceed with the retrieval of ballot boxes and other election material in Luba, Abra;
On 18 January 2018, BBM received a Notice from the COMELEC informing the parties in the election protest of Tan vs. Hataman that it turn over the ballot boxes and other election material to the COMELEC-Philpost Warehouse in Port Area, Manila;
After 81 weeks (or roughly 571 days), we are still waiting for the PET:
• to begin the manual recounting of votes for Camarines Sur, Iloilo & Negros Oriental
[per undertaking # 11 of 21]