On 20 December 2017, BBM received a Letter from the COMELEC wherein it requested from the House of Representatives Electoral Tribunal (HRET) temporary prior custody of election materials and paraphernalia of 13 clustered precincts of Languyan, Tawi-Tawi relative to the election protest of Tan vs. Hataman.
On 22 December 2017, BBM received a Notice from the PET, which resolved to Note Robredo’s Reply regarding BBM’s Comment/Opposition to her Motion to secure soft copies of the decrypted Secured Digital cards of Camarines Sur, Iloilo and Negros Oriental.
With respect to the Exploratory Mission/Retrieval Team, the PET further resolved to :
1. Authorize certain personnel of the PET Retrieval Team to travel to Camarines Sur on 22 January 2018 to begin the collection of ballot boxes and other election materials and paraphernalia from the 1,813 clustered precincts of Camarines Sur. The said Retrieval Team shall be housed at Villa del Rey Hotel if available, otherwise, the CBD Plaza Hotel will serve as an alternate;
2. Direct all City and Municipal Treasurers and Election Officers to deliver on a specific schedule, the ballot boxes and other election materials and paraphernalia regardless of any pending election protest/case before the HRET, SET, COMELEC or any trial court to the designated staging area/hub of the PET Retrieval Team at Camarines Sur Convention Center, Capitol Complex in Cadlan, Pili, Camarines Sur or if Camarines Sur Convention Center is unavailable, at the Freedom Sports Complex of DepEd – Region V Division office;
3. Direct the Regional Trial Court judges before whom any election protest involving the clustered precincts of the Municipalities of Siruma and Calabanga are pending to release, with proper receipt and notice to the parties, the ballot boxes and other election materials and paraphernalia to the PET Retrieval Team in Camarines Sur;
4. Direct the PNP Camarines Sur Police Provincial Officer and the respective Chiefs of Police of the cities and municipalities of Camarines Sur to provide adequate police security and escort when the ballot boxes and other election materials and paraphernalia are transported to the PET Retrieval Team’s staging area/hub;
5. Direct the PNP Provincial Director and respective Chiefs of Police of the cities and municipalities of Quezon Province, San Pablo, Laguna and Santo Tomas, Batangas to provide adequate police route security and escort or security measures when the convoy of trucks carrying the ballot boxes and other election materials and paraphernalia enters into and passes by their respective areas of jurisdiction in going to Manila from Camarines Sur;
6. Designate the Philippine Postal Corporation (Philpost) as the official carrier for transporting, on a door-to-door basis, the ballot boxes and other election materials and paraphernalia from Camarines Sur to the Supreme Court-Court of Appeals Gymnasium at the Supreme Court Compound in Ermita, Manila;
7. Authorize the Clerk of PET, Atty. Felipa B. Anama, to enter into a contract of carriage with the Philpost relative to the transport of the ballot boxes and other election materials and paraphernalia from Camarines Sur to the Supreme Court Compound; and
8. Grant the PET Retrieval Team an estimated amount of P9,619,223.73 for the retrieval activity in Camarines Sur chargeable to BBM’s cash deposit.
After 77 weeks (or roughly 543 days), we are still waiting for the PET :
• to begin the manual recounting of votes for Camarines Sur, Iloilo & Negros Oriental
[per undertaking # 11 of 21]