Week 70: October 30 – November 5, 2017
On 30 October 2017, BBM received a Notice from the PET which resolved to :
1. Approve the amendment of the 2010 PET Rules to allow a non-lawyer to be qualified for the position of Coordinator of the Revision Committees;
2. Authorize the filling up of the position of Recorder; and
3. Authorize the initial hiring of contractual personnel for the PET revision.
On 3 November 2017, BBM received a Motion from Robredo requesting that she be allowed to secure soft copies of the printed ballot images from the ongoing Decryption activity of the COMELEC for Camarines Sur, Iloilo & Negros Oriental.
It will be recalled that from day 1, Robredo had continuously opposed the Decryption activity. Now that the process is on going, she suddenly wants to have copies of the Comelec-generated documents.
On 3 November 2017, BBM received a copy of the Compliance from the COMELEC wherein it provided the PET with its requested information regarding the Decryption and Printing activity.
On 3 November 2017, BBM received a Letter from the COMELEC wherein it informed the PET that they “intend to x x x turn-over twenty-one (21) boxes containing printed ballot images, audit logs, election returns and statistical data pertaining to the fifty-three (53) clustered precincts of Baao, Camarines Sur, for storage purposes.”
After 70 weeks (or roughly 494 days), we are still waiting for the PET :
• to issue a Retrieval Order [per undertaking # 7 of 21]
Note that on 29 August 2017, the PET resolved to “Partially Grant [BBM’s] Motion for Retrieval only insofar as all precincts in the provinces of Camarines Sur, Iloilo, and Negros Oriental are concerned.” [per item “C” of the Resolution]
• to begin the manual recounting of votes for Camarines Sur, Iloilo and Negros Oriental [per undertaking # 11 of 21]
• to resolve our Motion for Reconsideration for the technical examination of the signatures appearing in the Election Day Computerized Voters List [EDCVL] as against the signatures appearing on the Voters Registration Record [VRRs] in connection with the annulment of votes in Basilan, Lanao del Sur and Maguindanao.