On 14 August 2017, BBM received a Manifestation from Robredo wherein she questioned, among others, the legality of BBM’s Causes of Action.
On 17 August 2017, BBM received a Notice from the COMELEC regarding the delivery of the Election Day Computerized Voters List (EDCVL) in the election protest of Rama vs. Osmena (Cebu City).
On 18 August 2017, BBM received a revised 11 July 2017 Notice from the PET which corrected one of their earlier Orders. The revised Order now reads as follows :
items that now reads as:
Deferred Action on the Supplemental Motion for Reconsideration Pro Tanto of Robredo
On 18 August 2017, BBM received a Notice from the PET wherein they:
1. Granted the requests of various parties to observe and participate in certain post-election activities in the following areas :
1.1 Lian, Batangas;
1.2 Barangay Talusan, Balingasag, Misamis Oriental;
1.3 Balayan, Batangas; and
1.4 San Antonio, Quezon.
2. Granted the requests of various parties to observe and participate in certain post-election activities in the following areas :
2.1 Cabanatuan City;
2.2 Tubod, Surigao del Norte; and
2.3 Binondo, Manila.
3. Noted the Manifestation and Comment of Robredo on the Preliminary Conference Guide
On 18 August 2017, BBM received a Notice from the PET which:
1. Noted the transfer of ballot boxes in the election protest of Daphne A. Lagon vs. Democrito Diamante;
2. Noted the clarifications by the Election Officer regarding the above Order;
3. Noted the Manifestation from BBM that he timely filed his Comment to the Preliminary Conference Guides;
4. Noted the Comment to the Preliminary Conference Guides from BBM in compliance with the directive of the PET;
5. Noted the Manifestation of BBM with regard to the letter of his counsel, Atty. Jose M. Amorado;
6. Noted the request to certification relating to the election protest of Myrna C. Ajihil vs. Ruby H. Sahali (Tawi-Tawi);
7. Noted the Comment from BBM on the motion of Robredo to defer payment on her second installment of cash deposit;
8. Granted the Motion of Robredo to defer payment on her second installment of cash deposit until such time that BBM has garnered a substantial number of votes in his 3 pilot provinces;
9. Noted the Compliance from COMELEC – OFOV; and
10. Noted the 14 August 2017 Manifestation from Robredo.
In the same Notice, the PET also resolved various matters regarding the Revision of Votes as stated in the 2010 PET Rules, such as:
1. Amending the composition of the Revision Committees (RCs);
2. Amending the compensation of the members of the RCs;
3. Amending the compensation of the panel of commissioners;
4. Referring the posting of vacancies, acceptance and screening of applicants for the members of the RCs to the Office of the Acting Chief Administrative Officer of the PET;
5. Authorizing the Acting Clerk of the PET to screen applicants for RC Coordinators;
6. Approving the following areas for use during the election protest:
i. the Supreme Court gymnasium
ii. a portion of the 4th floor parking level of the Supreme Court – Court of Appeals Multi-purpose
iii. the room at the back of the Division Hearing Room
7. Creating an Exploratory Mission / Retrieval Team and Approving the designation of specific court officials and employees as its members;
8. Granting the above employees a monthly allowance beginning 8 August 2017 until termination of the retrieval of the ballot boxes; and
9. Referring to the Procurement Planning Committee the necessary supplies, materials and office equipment for the regular use of the Exploratory Mission / Retrieval Team and the Staffing Complement.
After 59 weeks (or roughly 417 days), we are still waiting for the PET :
• to issue a Retrieval Order [per undertaking # 7 of 21]
• to conduct the manual recounting of votes [per undertaking # 11 of 21]