On 7 August 2017, BBM received a Compliance from the COMELEC regarding the safeguarding and storage fees of various election paraphernalia in Hong Kong, New York and 18 other posts abroad, as ordered by the PET on 28 July 2017.
On 7 August 2017, BBM filed his Comment to the Letter from the COMELEC – OFOV.
In his Comment, BBM stated that it is incumbent upon the COMELEC to pay the storage fees and other necessary expenses incurred by the overseas posts. He stressed that it is the COMELEC’s duty to safeguard all the election paraphernalia subject to an election protest.
On 9 August 2017, BBM received a Notice from the PET regarding various matters that were taken up during the 11 July 2017 Preliminary Conference, including the following:
1. Directing BBM to provide Robredo with a copy of his Motion for Technical Examination and Manifestation and Reiterative Motion for the collection of election materials for his pilot provinces;
2. Directing Robredo to submit her comment on the above Motion;
3. Directing BBM and Robredo to submit their comments on the Preliminary Conference Guide; and
4. Directing BBM and Robredo to submit a new list of witnesses per the limitations set during the Preliminary Conference.
In the same Notice, the PET also :
1. Noted receiving BBM’s second and final installment of the required cash deposit;
2. Deferred Action on the Supplemental Motion of Robredo dated 28 June 2017; and
3. Deferred Action on the Motion for Reconsideration Pro Tanto of Robredo.
On 10 August 2017, BBM received a copy of the Proof of Service and Receipt furnished by COMELEC –OFOV.
On 11 August 2017, BBM received a Notice from the COMELEC wherein it noted, adopted and approved all the recommendations of the Electoral Contests and Adjudication Department (ECAD). These were approved soon after the recounting of the printed ballot images in various clustered precincts in Cebu City were completed in the election protest of Rama vs. Osmeña (Cebu City).
After 58 weeks (or roughly 410 days), we are still waiting for the PET :
• to issue a Retrieval Order [per undertaking # 7 of 21]
• to conduct the manual recounting of votes [per undertaking # 11 of 21]