On 17 April 2017, in order to dutifully comply with the 21 March 2017 Resolution of the PET, BBM deposited the amount of Php 36,023,000.00 with the Clerk of Court. Robredo, however, chose not to comply with the PET Order and chose not to deposit the required amount for her counter-protest.
On the same day, BBM received a Notice from the PET regarding various matters incidental to the present protest.
On 18 April 2017, BBM received the Manifestation of Robredo:
1) seeking a“clarification” on the issues relating to the backing up of the CCS laptops in the COMELEC warehouse in Sta. Rosa, Laguna;
2) requesting that the integrity of the CCS laptops be preserved “if only to erase any doubts as to the legitimacy of her victory over protestant Marcos”.
On 18 April 2017, BBM received a Notice from the PET informing the parties that a DECRYPTION of the Secure Digital Cards, printing ballot images, election returns and audit logs for the 7 clustered precincts in the municipality of Araceli, Palawan will be conducted on Wednesday, 26 April 2017 at the COMELEC office in Palacio del Gobernador, Manila.
On 20 April 2017, BBM received a Motion of Robredo wherein she asked the PET to:
1) dismiss BBMs’ protest for the annulment of election results in the 34 municipalities of Lanao del Sur due to “insufficiency in form and substance”;
2) dismiss BBMs’ protest for the annulment of election results in the 35 municipalities of Maguindanao due to “insufficiency in form and substance”;
3) dismiss BBMs’ protest for the annulment of election results in the 8 municipalities of Basilan due to “insufficiency in form and substance”;
4) dismiss BBMs’ protest for the revision and recounting of ballots in the cities and municipalities where no Affidavits were submitted and where "no narration of irregularities were supposedly made".
It will be recalled , however, hat the PET had already ruled that BBMs’election protest was “sufficient in form and substance”on two (2) separate occasions :
1st on 12 July 2016 when the PET resolved to issue the Summons against protestee Robredo; and
2nd on 24 January 2017 when the PET, in a Resolution, denied the special and affirmative defenses of Robredo
On 20 April 2017, BBM filed an Omnibus Motion asking the PET :
1) to DISMISS Robredos’counter-protest due to her failure to pay the cash deposit as required by the PET; and
2) to SET the conduct of the preliminary conference for the election protest.
After 42 weeks, we are still waiting for the PET :
• to issue a Retrieval Order [per undertaking # 7 of 21] and
• to issue a Notice of Preliminary Conference [per undertaking # 8 of 21].