Week 38: March 20 – 26, 2017
It looks like the COMELEC has been busy these past few days. For this week alone, BBM received no less than four (4) Notices from the COMELEC, to wit :
1. Notice regarding the decryption of SD cards and other election data in San Antonio, Northern Samar;
2. Notice with respect to the election closure activities being conducted at the COMELEC warehouse in Sta. Rosa, Laguna:
1) Release of VCM external batteries on 21 March 2017;
2) Stripping of unused CCS kits on 21 March 2017;
3) Stripping of used CCS kits on 27 March 2017;
4) Back-up of VCM SD cards and used CCS kits on 27 March 2017.
3. Notice informing the Supreme Court that all requests for election-related data in Siruma, Camarines Sur be addressed to the RTC concerned since the latter now has possession of the requested files.
4. Indorsement letter addressed to the PET regarding the inventory, retrieval and delivery of election-related data in Toledo City, Cebu;
On 23 March 2017, BBM sent COMELEC the names of his representatives for the election closure activities to be conducted on 21 March and 27 March 2017.
After 38 weeks, we are still waiting for the PET :
• to issue a Retrieval Order [per undertaking # 7 of 21] and
• to issue a Notice of Preliminary Conference [per undertaking # 8 of 21].