On 8 November 2016, the PET issued a Resolution covering a number of ancillary matters.
On the issue as to whether COMELEC could conduct closure / stripping activities as well as backing up of the VCM SD cards and CCS units covered by the PPO, the PET decided to :
1) MODIFY the PPO by excluding the election materials and paraphernalia used in the May 2016 elections that did not contain election results data;
2) AUTHORIZE the COMELEC and Smartmatic to immediately conduct the 2016 Automated Election System Project closure / stripping activities for all the VCM and CCS Kits, including the immediate disposal of the VCM external batteries, with prior notice to the Tribunal, the protestant and protestee, and other interested parties;
3) AUTHORIZE the COMELEC’s Election Records and Statistics Department to back-up the contents of the VCM SD Cards of all municipalities, cities, and provinces under the PPO; and
4) CONFIRM the closure / stripping activities of the BGANs which were conducted prior to the receipt of the PPO.
As of this date, we are waiting for the PET :
• to issue a Retrieval Order [per undertaking # 7 of 21] and
• to issue a Notice of Preliminary Conference [per undertaking # 8 of 21]