By Francis Earl Cueto | The Manila Times
THE Philippine National Police-Anti Cybercrime Group said it was close to identifying the owner of the account on Tiktok, a social media platform, that posted an assassination plot against presidential candidate, former senator Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr.
PNP-ACG Director BGen. Robert Rodriguez identified the user as @ljluna7. He added that the Tiktok account had been deleted but the post was saved as evidence.
"The source data however is being preserved to establish the ownership of the account involved. All screenshots of the alleged threatening comments/messages were taken from open sources," Rodriguez said.
The short-form video app issued a statement on Tuesday, February 1, stating that the user's account involved in the alleged assassination plot against Marcos has been permanently banned from its platform.
"The promotion of violence has absolutely no place on our platform and the user's account has been permanently banned," TikTok said in a statement.
TikTok said all concerned parties within its company were now working hand in hand to handle the matter.