By Francis Earl Cueto | The Manila Times
BGen. Robert Rodriguez, head of the Philippine National Police's (PNP) Anti-Cybercrime Group, said the account under the name "ljluna7" had been deleted, but digital forensic experts were able to save the account's electronic footprint which will serve as evidence of the crime committed.
"The source data, however, is being preserved to establish the ownership of the account involved. All screenshots of the alleged threatening comments/messages were taken from open sources," Rodriguez said.
TikTok, a video-sharing social networking site, issued a statement on Tuesday, stating that the account involved has been permanently banned from its platform.
"The promotion of violence has absolutely no place on our platform and the user's account has been permanently banned," TikTok said in a statement.
Rodriguez said the TikTok account "is a public account that follows the Kabataan party-list account."
Kabataan, a party-list representing the youth, is a member of the militant Makabayan bloc which has been red-tagged by state security forces for allegedly being a legal front organization of the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People's Army-National Democratic Front.
"Before we conclude anything with regards to the online threat, we have to investigate and validate the veracity of the report," Rodriguez said.
He clarified though that while online threats are "not really common or regular," the issue was probably due to the upcoming elections.
On Sunday, January 30, Marcos' camp alleged that there was a "kill plot" against the former senator and it was the Department of Justice-Office of Cybercrime that received an online tip that a TikTok post is circulating with a message: "We are meeting every day to plan for BBM's assassination. Get ready."