Stop your agenda of divisiveness, animosity: Marcos spox to DQ petitioners

18 May 2022

THE chief of staff and spokesman of incoming President Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos, Jr. on Tuesday appealed to the petitioners of the disqualification case against the runaway winner in the presidential race to stop pursuing their agenda of divisiveness and animosity.

Atty. Victor Rodriguez said they should instead learn to respect the will of the majority who voted for Marcos and his running mate Vice President-elect Inday Sara Duterte in the recently concluded national and local elections.

“I appeal to those who keep on pursuing this divisiveness, the people have spoken. The Filipino people have spoken and an overwhelming majority has voted President-elect Bongbong Marcos and Vice President-elect Inday Sara Duterte into office as President and Vice President. Learn to respect the will of the Filipino people,” he said.

Marcos’ spokesman said that they have yet to receive a copy of the petition that was filed before the Supreme Court to cancel the certificate of candidacy of the presumptive president with a prayer for the issuance of a temporary restraining order (TRO) to block the counting of votes cast for him and his proclamation should he win.

However, Rodriguez pointed out that the disqualification cases were already dismissed unanimously in the Commission on Elections, both at the division and en banc level.

“We have yet to receive a copy of the petition that was filed this morning. However, I think these cases have been resolved unanimously (already) by the Commission on Elections on the division level as well as the Commission on Elections en banc. And these cases have been dismissed and the decision was unanimous,” he said.

Further, the spokesman also called on the petitioners to allow Marcos and his incoming administration to spend the limited time in a day to work productively instead of spending time catering to their animosity.

“And I appeal to you, instead of pushing for your agenda of animosity e tulungan niyo na lang kami na pagtuunan at gamitin natin ang ating limitadong oras everyday, we are all limited to 24 hours in a day, allow us to be more productive,” he said.

Earlier in the day, petitioners Fr. Christian Buenafe, Fides Lim, Ma. Edeliza Hernandez, Celia Lagman Sevilla, Roland Vibal, and Josephine Lascano have asked the High Court to issue a TRO enjoining and restraining the Senate and House of Representatives from canvassing the votes cast for Marcos and proclaiming him as president should he win the May 9 polls.

As of 2:47 p.m. on Friday, Marcos was still leading the partial and unofficial count of votes with 31,104,175 votes based on data from the Comelec Transparency Media Server.

Meanwhile, his running mate Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte also maintains a huge lead among other vice-presidential candidates with 31,561,948 votes as of the same period in the same partial and unofficial count.

A total of 55,197,306 votes out of the 67,442,616 registered voters have already come in as of posting. A total of 98.35% of the election returns have been processed so far.

Last week, the Comelec En Banc affirmed the resolution of the poll body’s Second Division's resolution that junked the petition filed by Buenafe to cancel Marcos' COC.

Similar to the ruling on the disqualification cases, the Comelec En Banc said the petitioners failed to raise new matters or issues that would warrant the reversal of the former Comelec Second Division's ruling.

Recently, Comelec Commissioner George Garcia said that, under Comelec rules, winning candidates for the 2022 elections who have pending disqualification cases could still be proclaimed without a final decision that would prohibit the poll body to do so and if there is nothing to prevent them from being proclaimed.

-30-

Rodriguez: Tigilan na ang panggugulo

Umapela ang chief of staff at spokesman ni incoming President Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos, Jr. na si Atty. Vic Rodriguez sa mga petitioner ng disqualification case na tigilan na ang kanilang walang humpay na panggugulo at pagpupunla ng galit at pagkakawatak-watak na siyang lalong magpapagulo ng sitwasyon sa halip na makausad na ang bansa patungo sa pag-unlad.

Sinabi rin ni Rodriguez na dapat na nilang matutunang respetuhin ang kagustuhan ng mayorya na siyang bumoto para kay Marcos at kanyang running mate na si Vice President-elect Inday Sara Duterte sa katatapos lang na national and local elections.

“I appeal to those who keep on pursuing this divisiveness, the people have spoken. The Filipino people have spoken and an overwhelming majority has voted President-elect Bongbong Marcos and Vice President-elect Inday Sara Duterte into office as President and Vice President. Learn to respect the will of the Filipino people,” sabi niya.

Ayon pa sa spokesman ni Marcos, hindi pa nila natatanggap ang kopya ng petisiyon na isinampa sa Supreme Court upang makansela ang certificate of candidacy ng presumptive president na may hiling na maglabas ng temporary restraining order (TRO) upang mapigilan ang pagbibilang ng boto at pagpo-proklama sa kanya bilang panalo.

Gayunman, ipinunto ni Rodriguez na ang mga disqualification cases laban kay Marcos ay unanimously dismissed na ng Commission on Elections, parehong sa division at en banc level.

“We have yet to receive a copy of the petition that was filed this morning. However, I think these cases have been resolved unanimously (already) by the Commission on Elections on the division level as well as the Commission on Elections en banc. And these cases have been dismissed and the decision was unanimous,” aniya.

Nanawagan din siya sa mga petitioners na hayaang makapagtrabaho si Marcos at ang kanyang magiging administrasiyon sa halip na maglaan ng oras para sa pag-intindi sa kanilang galit.

“And I appeal to you, instead of pushing for your agenda of animosity e tulungan niyo na lang kami na pagtuunan at gamitin natin ang ating limitadong oras everYday, we are all limited to 24 hours in a day, allow us to be more productive,” sabi ni Rodriguez.

Bago ang ginanap na press conference ay nagtungo sa Supreme Court ang mga petitioners na sina Fr. Christian Buenafe, Fides Lim, Ma. Edeliza Hernandez, Celia Lagman Sevilla, Roland Vibal, and Josephine Lascano upang hilingin sa mataas na hukuman na maglabas sila ng TRO na nagpipigil sa Senate at House of Representatives na masimulan ang pagbibilang ng boto na nakuha ni Marcos at pagpo-proklamang sa kanya bilang panalo.

Base sa tala ng Comelec transparency server nakakuha na si Marcos s 31,104,175 na boto samantalang ang kanyang running mate na si Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte ay may 31,561,948 naman.

Mayroon ng 55,197,306 na boto mula sa 67,442,616 registered voters ang naitala sa ngayon. May kabuuang 98.35% ng election returns na rin ang naproseso.

Noong nakaraang linggo, pinagtibay ng Comelec En Banc ang resolusyon ng Second Division na nagbasura sa petisyon na inihain ni Buenafe para kanselahin ang COC ni Marcos.

Kagaya sa naging desisyon ng iba pang disqualification cases, sinabi ng Comelec En Banc na nabigo ang mga petitioner na maghain ng mga bagong usapin o isyu na magpapatunay sa pagbaligtad sa pasya ng dating Comelec Second Division.

Nito lang sinabi ni Comelec Commissioner George Garcia na sa ilalim ng Comelec rules, ang mga nanalong kandidato sa ginanap na 2022 election na may mga nakahain pang disqualification cases ay maari pa ring maiproklama kung walang magbabawal sa poll body na gawin ito at kung wala ring makakapigil para sila ay maiproklama.

-30-