Beryson sa Filipino.
Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” R. Marcos, Jr. has expressed confidence that the Philippine authorities will beef up their security procedures to ensure the safety of all the Heads of States who will attend the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation summit following the terrorist attacks in Paris that left more than a hundred dead.
Marcos said that before the tragic Paris attacks his sources in our Police Force has assured him that they have done everything possible to secure the safety of the delegates to the APEC summit.
“Sigurado, pagkatapos ng pangyayari sa Paris, siguradong titignan nila ulit at uulitin nila ang pag-inspeksyon ng lahat ng mga gusali na pagdadausan ng APEC upang lubusan ang paghanda nila. Kailangan talaga nilang alamin ng mabuti kung may threat,” said Marcos in a radio interview Saturday.
So far, Marcos said there is no intelligence report indicating any serious threat to the APEC delegates.
With more than 20 heads of states expected to participate in the APEC summit Marcos said the police should not be complacent and revisit their security preparations to ensure no untoward incident would happen during the APEC summit that we are hosting.
“Syempre, sa mga ganyang karami na labis sa dalawampung Heads of State, ganyan karami na mga VIP ang nasa isang lugar, kailangan talaga nating bantayan ng mabuti,” Marcos asserted.
"What is reassuring, " Marcos noted, "is that the Philippine National Police does not shoulder the entire burden of ensuring the security of the APEC delegates alone, the respective security details of the visiting Heads of States are working with the PNP and exchanging information to ensure all the security measures are in place for the smooth conduct of the APEC summit here in Manila.