Sen. Marcos says it’s about time to create a special court for the Maguindanao Massacre Case
Bersyon sa Filipino.
Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” R. Marcos Jr. said it’s about time to create a Special Court that will “exclusively” hear the Maguindanao massacre case.
Marcos made the proposal as the country commemorated last Monday the 6th anniversary of the November 23, 2009 massacre where 58 persons were brutally and helplessly killed.
“A Special Court that will hear no other case is needed to expedite the proceedings. It has been dragging for six long years now”, Marcos said in a statement.
The Maguindanao massacre, where 32 of the victims were journalists, is considered as the deadliest single attack on media in the world. The case is now pending at the Quezon City Regional Trial Court and the alleged mastermind, Andal Ampatuan Sr., had already died of illness.
Marcos cited, “At least 197 are accused, but six years after the killings, not a single of them has been convicted while the relatives of the victims are beginning to lose hope that justice will be served.”
“Yung Special Court na sinasabi ko na bubuuin ay walang ibang gagawin kundi resolbahin ang kaso ng Maguindanao massacre. Kapag natapos na ‘yung kaso, bubuwagin na agad ‘yung Special Court,” Marcos concluded.