Inquirer.net – Marcos: Aquino’s new lead on Mamasapano a cover-up
By Maila Ager | Inquirer.net
A “COVER-UP” was how Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. described on Monday President Benigno Aquino III’s “alternative version” of the Mamasapano incident eight months after it happened last January 25.
“It’s a cover up, that’s what it is. It’s a cover up for the mistakes that were made not by the policemen but by other people like the suspended Chief PNP (Philippines National Police) and it would seem that the President has made some mistakes because he’s the one trying to cover it up now…” Marcos told reporters, referring to suspended PNP Chief Alan Purisima.
“Palusot na lang yan!” he added.
Marcos was reacting to Aquino’s earlier statement that there was an “alternative version” on the bloody incident that left at least 44 PNP-Special Action Force men and several members of the Moro Islamic Liberation (MILF) dead.
Aquino, in an interview with the Inquirer Group last week, said the photo of Malaysian terrorist Zulkifli bin Hir, alias “Marwan,” showing him dead in his hut, “posed many questions and that is what we want to resolve.” Marwan was one of the two targets of the SAF operation.