Inquirer.net – Bongbong Marcos’s VP bid gets boost from Cavite Vice Gov. Revilla
By Jeannette Andrade | Inquirer.net
Vice presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. received an endorsement from the vice governor of Cavite as he stumped towns in the populous southern flank of Metro Manila over the weekend.
Cavite Vice Gov. Jolo Revilla called on his constituents to support Marcos’ bid for Vice President, according to the Marcos camp.
At a short stop in Dasmarinas town, Revilla urged Cavite residents to vote for Marcos whom he said, “has a genuine heart in fighting for the truth, progress and well-being of the Filipino people,” the press statement said.
On Saturday, Marcos’ “unity caravan” cruised through the towns of Silang, Dasmariñas, Trece Martires, Tanza and Imus, to rally Caviteño support for his candidacy.
Cavite has the highest population of voters in Luzon with over 1.8 million registered with the Commission on Elections. Cavite Gov. Juanito Victor Remulla, who is abroad, previously expressed support for the presidential candidacy of Jejomar Binay.
A day earlier, on Friday, Marcos was in Pangasinan, the second most populous voting province with 1.7 million registered voters.