By TED CORDERO | GMA News Online
The Commission on Elections (Comelec) has set a new voter registration schedule for those intending to register as overseas voters in the Philippines ahead of the May 9, 2022 national and local polls.
In a statement, the Comelec, citing Office for Overseas Voting (OFOV) Director Sonia Bea Wee-Lozada, said applications may now be submitted from Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the following local field registration centers:
- COMELEC-OFOV, Ground Floor, Palacio del Gobernador Building, General Luna St, Intramuros, Manila
- Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)-Aseana, Bradco Avenue cor. Macapagal Boulevard, Aseana Business Park, Parañaque
- Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), Blas F. Ople Building, Ortigas Avenue cor. EDSA, Mandaluyong
- Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA), SM Manila Satellite Office, Almeda-Lopez cor. A. Villegas and 1000 San Marcelino St, Ermita, Manila
The Comelec said applicants who will register at the OFOV must set an appointment through any of the following ways:
- Sending an email to [email protected]
- Sending a direct message via Facebook Messenger through the link on the Office for Overseas Voting PH Facebook Page (fb.com/overseasvotingph);
- Calling telephone numbers (02) 8522-2251 or (02) 8521-2952; or
- Sending a text message to mobile numbers +63 951 875 9882 (TNT/Smart/Sun) or +63 905 034 5158 (TM/Globe)
“Filipinos who will be overseas from April 10 to May 9, 2022 may register as overseas voters. Those who will be at least 18 years of age by election day, but will not be in the Philippines to vote for the 1-month period before the 2022 elections, are eligible to register,” the Comelec said.
“The last day to file applications for registration as overseas voters is on September 30, 2021,” it said. -MDM, GMA News