GMA News Online – Bongbong Marcos shifts campaign to making sure his votes are counted

By Elizabeth Marcelo | GMA News Online

GMA-News-OnlineWith just a week left before the May 9 elections, vice presidential candidate Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on Monday said that his campaign had shifted to making sure all his votes would be counted by the Commission on Elections.

“We are now focusing on guarding our votes. Of course, we are still campaigning but we are intent on making sure that all our votes are counted,” Marcos told reporters at the sidelines of his campaign sortie in Pasig City.

As preference surveys continued to show Marcos on top, the senator said he was not letting his guard down especially in light of the reported incidents of vote receipt discrepancies during the overseas absentee voting (OAV).

“It’s not over ‘til it’s over! Habang gumaganda ang survey, dapat mas lalo pa tayong magdouble-time kaya’t ‘yan ang aming ginagawa ngayon,”Marcos said.

“Our legal team is on top of the preparations in making sure all our votes are counted and guarded. We also have our volunteers who will help us on the ground to closely monitor the elections on Monday,” he added.

Marcos had earlier claimed that based on the reports reaching his office, during the OAV particularly in Hongkong, Dubai, Kuwait, Japan and America, there were incidence when the votes in the ballots that were supposed for him were being credited in the receipts to vice presidential candidate Senator Gregorio “Gringo” Honasan.

Marcos had earlier called on the Comelec to issue an explanation over the alleged incidence of discrepancies during the OAV as well as definite guidelines on what the voters should do in case they encounter discrepancy problems.

He said he was still uneasy over the OAV incidents and would make sure that he had enough watchers on the ground on May 9 to guard his votes.

“Ako lang ang nababawasan ng boto sa mga kandidato sa OAV kaya talagang nakakabahala ang mga natatanggap naming reports galling abroad. Ito ang nais naming tugunan dito na hindi ito mangyari sa May 9,” Marcos said.

Back to Blog