Business World – Marcos asks SC to step up election case
In a motion dated Aug. 9, the losing vice-presidential bet noted that under the rules, the court must designate hearing commissioners once the ballots in his three pilot provinces are revised. The commissioners will set the dates for the submission of any evidence and other affidavits, he said.
“Public interest demands that this electoral controversy be resolved with dispatch to determine once and for all the genuine choice of the electorate for the contested position,” said Mr. Marcos, who lost buy a hair to Vice-President Maria Leonor G. Robredo in the May 2016 elections.
The court acting as the Presidential Electoral Tribunal last month deferred action on Mr. Marcos’ plea to investigate alleged rigging of votes in three provinces in Mindanao until the recount of votes in his three pilot provinces — Camarines Sur, Iloilo and Negros Oriental — was finished. — Vann Marlo M. Villegas