ABS-CBN News – Bongbong blames PNoy for alleged military restiveness
By ABS – CBN
MANILA, Philippines – Sen. Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on Wednesday blasted President Aquino’s governance style, which he blamed for the alleged restlessness and demoralization in the ranks of the Armed Forces.
In a statement, Marcos claimed disgruntled soldiers know “that their supposed Commander in Chief does not understand his responsibilities” towards the country’s soldiers.
He said some soldiers may harbor ill feelings for the President “because they feel that not only is he not supporting and leading them but treats them with disdain and arrogance.”
“Gaya ng sinabi ko, ang Presidente na siyang namumuno sa Malacañang ay hindi tunay na lider. All this trouble is his own doing and he has no one to blame but himself,” he said.
Marcos, chairman of the Senate Committee on Local Government, said those behind the deaths of 19 Special Forces soldiers in Al Barka, Basilan should be made answerable.
“Our soldiers are being killed; we must avenge the murder of our military men decisively, and as swiftly as possible,” he added.
He, however, added that the government must distinguish the rebels from the rest of the Muslim community who only want peace.
Marcos said the country’s soldiers want to fight the armed enemies of the State and hear the President commit to avenging the deaths of their fellow soldiers by running after the killers.
He said soldiers also want to know what Aquino gave away to the MILF when he met MILF Chairman Al Haj Murad in Tokyo, Japan earlier this year.
“They want an assurance that they are placed in the frontline with the full backing and support from their Commander. They are brave soldiers willing to defend our sovereignty not with their hands tied but with full support from the top,” he said.