By Mario Casayuran | Manila Bulletin
Two labor parties on Tuesday, Sept. 28 endorsed former Senator Ferdinand ‘’Bongbong) R. Marcos Jr. as their candidate for the 2022 national elections.
This was done during the ‘’Unified National Convention’’ of the Labor Party of the Philippines (LPP) and Partido Lakas mng Mangagagwang Pilipino (PLMP) at the Midori Hotel-Casino at Clark Freeport Zone in Pampanga.
Last September 24, the Kilusang Bagong Lipunan (KBL), a party formed in the early 70s by Bongbong’s father, the late President Ferdinand E. Marcos, declared that it was endorsing the young Marcos as its official presidential bet.
Some of those who attended the hybrid convention included Jose Malvar Villegas, former Rep. Jonathan dela Cruz, professor Oscar Morado and Mark Tolentino.
The convention approved the following resolutions:
– Endorsing Bongbong Marcos as its official presidential bet
– Approving an alliance between LPP and PLMP
‘ – LPP and PLMP endorsing AAsenso as its party list
– PLMP endorsing Bongbong Marcos as its official candidate in the 2022 elections
– Approving the alliance of LPP and KBL as partner political parties to support Bongbong Marcos
– Approving the alliance of LPP and Partido Federal ng Pilipinas
– LPP endorsing lawyer Larry Gadon as its guest candidate for senator.