By Leslie Ann Aquino | Manila Bulletin
Overseas voter registration in the country remains suspended until May 14.
The Commission on Elections Office for Overseas Voting (Comelec-OFOV) cited the extension of the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) in the NCR Plus area as reason.
“OV registration activities at our local field registration centers remain suspended from May 1 to 14, 2021 due to the MECQ status in the NCR Plus area,” Comelec OFOV said in an advisory.
It said applicants with urgent travel needs are encouraged to contact the OFOV for their queries and concerns.
“For the safety of the transacting public and our personnel, the OFOV will be attending to applicants with urgent travel needs, strictly by appointment only,” the advisory read.
Comelec OFOV said applicants can contact their office through its official Facebook page, numbers or official email addresses.
They may also be contacted through their mobile numbers:+63 951 875 9882 (Smart/Sun/TNT); or +63 905 034 5158 (Globe/TM).
Malacañang last week said the areas known collectively as “NCR Plus” will remain under MECQ until May 14.