By Ellson Quismorio | Manila Bulletin
With no more disqualification case hanging over his head, Partido Federal ng Pilipinas (PFP) standard-bearer Bongbong Marcos said he wishes his fellow presidential bets “well”.
“We wish all parties and candidates well, as we head towards the May 9 polls for the judgment of the Filipino people,” UniTeam member Marcos said in a statement Wednesday, April 20, mere minutes after the Commission on Elections (Comelec) dismissed the final pending disqualification case against him.
“Once again, we welcome the dismissal of the final case before the Comelec’s First Division. Though we believe that this case, and the previous ones, had no merit to begin with, we are satisfied that the processes had been observed and once again, law, evidence and reason have prevailed,” the Palace aspirant from Ilocos Norte said.
“That being said, we continue to espouse unity even in the face of our competing candidacies, and remain confident that the will of the people will be freely expressed in the ballot without any distraction,” he said.
Marcos underscored that his camp “holds no rancor toward any party or to the petitioners”.
“This is simply an exercise in the protection of rights integral to a democratic system,” the former provincial governor and congressman said.
Marcos, 64, is the consistent frontrunner in virtually all pre-election surveys for the presidential race.