By Leslie Ann Aquino | Manila Bulletin
The Commission on Elections (Comelec) has junked the petition of Tiburcio Marcos against presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.
Comelec Spokesperson James Jimenez revealed this on Tuesday, Jan. 4 during a virtual briefing.
“The one filed by Tiburcio Marcos has already been denied,” he said.
“I think it was dimissed before new year,” Jimenez added.
The petition of Tiburcio Marcos seeks to cancel the certificate of candidacy (COC) of the former senator.
The Comelec did not provide a copy of the resolution.
Last year, the poll body also dismissed the petition of Danilo Lihaylihay seeking to declare Marcos as a nuisance candidate.
Jimenez said they will come up with a more comprehensive list on the status of the other petitions against Marcos Jr.