Join the campaign (Learn More)

Manila Bulletin : Bongbong, Sara to make EDSA Carousel bus rides permanently free

News & Interviews
6 January 2022

By Joseph Pedrajas | Manila Bulletin

Presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos and his running mate, vice presidential candidate Sara Duterte-Carpio, will make EDSA Carousel bus rides permanently free should they win in the coming elections.

The duo made their promise to the public Thursday, Jan. 6., as they found that the recent government’s program, which offered free bus rides on EDSA, turned “very beneficial” to essential workers and other commuters.

“Mahal na mahal po namin ni Inday Sara ang taga-Metro Manila kaya pareho kaming nananawagan sa pamahalaan na sana’y ituloy uli ito (I and Mayor Sara really love Metro Manila residents so we both call on the administration to continue the program),” Marcos Jr. said.

“Ipinapangako naman namin na sakaling kami ang palarin ay hinding-hindi namin ito ihihinto dahil napakagandang legasiya nito para sa administrasyon ng Pangulong Duterte (We promise that if we get lucky to serve you, we will not stop this good legacy of President Duterte’s administration),” he added.

In December last year, the government’s ‘Libreng Sakay (free ride) Program’ for essential workers and authorized persons outside residence ended after more than a year.

“The savings people will get from this would allow them to spend more on their daily needs such as food for their families. I hope that the government will be able to give this ‘gift’ to the people,” he said in pushing for the reimplementation of the program.

If given the chance to win the presidency, Marcos Jr. said he would “make sure that all his thoughts and actions would be for the greater good.”