By Leslie Ann Aquino | Manila Bulletin
The camp of presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. has already filed their answers to the three petitions seeking to disqualify the former in the May 2022 polls.
Commission on Elections (Comelec) Spokesperson James Jimenez confirmed this on Tuesday, Dec. 28.
“Yes. Nakapag file (they filed),” he said in a text message.
However, the poll body did not provide a copy of the answers.
“These cases being pendente lite, copy and content of the Answers may not be shared with the public without clearance from the First Division. We can, however, provide general info on these cases as soon as they become available,” said Jimenez in a statement.
Last week, Comelec Commissioner Rowena Guanzon revealed that summons for the three disqualification cases filed against Marcos Jr. have already been sent.
The poll official said the summons “directed respondent BBM to file a verified answer to each petition within five days from receipt, in accordance with the rules.”
Guanzon is part of the Comelec First Division which is handling the disqualification cases against Marcos Jr. filed by Bonifacio Ilagan, Abubakar Mangelen and Akbayan.
The preliminary conferences of the said cases were set on January 7, 2022.