By Ellalyn De Vera-Ruiz | Manila Bulletin
Despite the turn of events on Easter Sunday, Tangere has noted “no changes in survey rankings” of those running for president, noting that former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. even further widened his lead over other presidential candidates.
The joint press conference on April 17, that was attended by Senator Panfilo “Ping” Lacson, Manila Mayor “Isko Moreno” Domagoso, and former Defense Secretary Norberto Gonzales, was meant to declare the presidential aspirants’ commitment to push through with their respective candidacies until the very end of the campaign season.
However, it took a different turn when accusations, mostly from Moreno, were hurled at Vice President Leni Robredo and her presidential campaign
Based on the results of the April 20-22 survey, Tangere cited that the notable difference, since after the controversial press conference, is the slight gain of Marcos’ numbers, with about 51 percent preferring him as top presidential candidate among the survey’s voter respondents.
This was up from 48 percent during the April 6 survey run.
Marcos was consistently followed by Moreno, now at 20 percent compared to 24 percent previously, while Robredo was down to 18 percent, from 20 percent previously.
They were followed by Senator Manny Pacquiao (4 percent), and Lacson (3 percent).
Isko still top 2nd-choice for president
Moreno also remained the top second choice presidential candidate and has the best chances amongst other candidates, if pitted one-on-one against Marcos, Tangere said.
“Similar to the previous Tangere survey run, Domagoso remains to be the top second choice forpresident , according to 31 percent (down by 7 percent from previous survey run) of respondents, followed by Sen. Panfilo Lacson at almost 25 percent (a significant gain from 17 percent previously), then by former Sen. Marcos at 15 percent,” Tangere said.
The latest edition of the Tangere election preference survey also asked respondents who they will vote for on a one-on-on scenario with the consistent survey frontrunner, Marcos.
The survey results showed Moreno showed the best numbers in such a scenario (Marcos: 59 percent, Domagoso: 38 percent, abstain: 3 percent), followed by Robredo (Marcos: 68 percent, Robredo: 27 percent, abstain: 5 percent), Lacson (Marcos: 72 percent, Lacson: 19 percent, abstain: 9 percent), then by Pacquiao (Marcos: 72 percent, Pacquiao: 18 percent, abstain: 10 percent).
Sara dominates VP race
Meanwhile, Tangere noted that nothing much has changed in the vice presidential race, as Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio remained the top pick of 60 percent of respondents, followed distantly by Senate President Vicente Sotto III at 16 percent, Doc Willie Ong at 11 percent, and Senator Francis “Kiko” Pangilinan at 7 percent.
The mobile-based survey that was participated in by 2,400 respondents was conducted with a confidence level of ninety-five percent with 2.829 percent margin of error.
The survey respondents proportionately represent the following areas nationwide—12 percent from Metro Manila, 23 percent from North and Central Luzon, 22 percent from Southern Luzon, 20 percent from Visayas, and 23 percent from Mindanao.