Join the campaign (Learn More)

Manila Bulletin : BBM-Sara UniTeam sets first Grand Caravan in Metro Manila

News & Interviews
7 December 2021

By Ben Rosario | Manila Bulletin

The Bongbong Marcos (BBM)-Sara Duterte UniTeam tandem will “woo voters in Metro Manila” on Wednesday, Dec. 8 through a grand caravan that will cover the metropolis.

Organized by the Malayang Quezon City tandem of Anakalusugan Partylist Rep. Michael Defensor and Councilor Winston Castelo, the motorcade will takeoff from the eastbound lane of Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City, specifically infront of the Commission on Audit at exactly 7:30 am.

The end point of the Quezon City part of the BBM-Sara caravan is Welcome Rotunda at the city’s boundary with Manila, said Defensor and Castelo who have filed their certificate of candidacy for mayor and vice mayor, respectively.

“BBM and Mayor Sara are hugely popular and enjoy wide support in Quezon City and Metro Manila,” Defensor and Castelo said in a joint statement.

The UniTeam event was originally planned to take place at the Quezon City Memorial Circle but Defensor and Castelo decided to abandon the plan after being allegedly given the run around by the city government.

“But we abandoned that in favor of joining the caravan after the city government gave us the runaround in our application for a permit for the gathering. They effectively rejected our application,” Defensor said.

In a press conference last week, Defensor blamed QC Mayor Joy Belmonte for the incident, saying that the city government “acted as if they own QCMC, which is a public park that is owned by the people.”

Defensor and Castelo appealed to their supporters and other BBM-Sara caravan participants to observe health protocols like physical distancing and wearing of face masks, and not to obstruct the flow of traffic.

However, vehicular traffic is expected to be light because Wednesday is a national holiday for the celebration of the Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Day.