Herald Express : Bongbong will certainly beat the deadline for the filing of his CoC for a national position- Partido Federal ng Pilipinas

News & Interviews
27 September 2021

By Herald Express

AMID convoys of political parties rallying behind his anticipated presidential bid, former Sen. Ferdinand “Bongbong’ Marcos, Jr. chose a low-profile status as he keeps all possibilities open as far as alliances and forming a formidable partnership for the coming elections is concerned.

Lawyer Vic Rodriguez, the spokesperson of Marcos, said on Friday that the former senator is thankful for the outpouring of support from major political parties, respected local chieftains, and concerned citizens but kept his cards close to his chest.

“Naiintindihan natin that there is so much build up and anticipation on his decision and announcement to run for President for the next year elections. Hindi madali ang hinihingi ng maraming tao na magdesisyon na si Bongbong na tumakbo bilang pangulo,” said Rodriguez in Sa Totoo Lang program of OnePH in Radyo Singko Friday night.

“Pinag-iisipang mabuti ni Bongbong ang lahat. Hindi madali ang magdesisyon. Ang usapin kasi dito ay pandemic government and post-pandemic situation. His decision will come soon. He just needed to consult some significant individuals and groups,” said Rodriguez, whose political party Partido Federal ng Pilipinas (PFP) had already endorsed Marcos as standard-bearer for president in the 2022 polls.

The Kilusang Bagong Lipunan (KBL), the old political party of the Marcoses, followed suit, announcing the nomination of Bongbong as presidentiable during the party’s National Convention on Friday. Both nominations, however, were not accepted yet by Marcos who is a member of the Nacionalista Party.

So far, Senators Ping Lacson and Manny Pacquiao as well as Manila Mayor Isko Moreno were already in campaign mode following their announcements one after the other to challenge the administration bet for president. And Rodriguez claimed it’s a tight race come election day.

“Lahat may mandato. Lahat malalakas. Wala kaming dinidiscount sa kanila,” said Rodriguez.

Rodriguez further explained that the more supporters convince Marcos to run for president the better but what concerned the former senator is forming a formidable tandem with the possibility of a partnership with Davao City Mayor Inday Sara Duterte put on hold with the latter’s previous public announcement to remain in the local scene as his father President Duterte already accepted the nomination of his party PDP-Laban to run for vice president.

“Yung daluyong ng suporta ng mga political party kay Bongbong tuloy-tuloy. Mas maraming grupong susuporta mas maganda. Right now, out muna yung tandem niya kay Mayor Sara since may naging decision na. We are not in a position to speculate or speak on behalf of Preident Duterte and Mayor Sara, but right now our concern is how to make the best alliance possible. The best partnership,” Rodriguez quipped.

With regards to the challenge by Vice President Leni Robredo for one-on-one re-match, if ever Marcos decides to run for president in the elections, Rodriguez said it would never happen as her alliances to major political bigwigs already went to naught.

“Unang-una hindi mangyayari yung condition na one-on one. It will never happen, useless to answer her challenge. Lahat ng kinausap niya na makasama nag-announce na,” said Rodriguez.