CNN Philippines : Marcos names more people to incoming Cabinet

By CNN Philippines

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, May 23) — The camp of presumptive president Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr confirms three more people have accepted their offers to join the Cabinet.

On Monday, Marcos' chief of staff and spokesperson Atty. Vic Rodriguez said Arsenio Balisacan, Bienvenido Laguesma and Toots Ople will be joining the new administration.

Balisacan, an economist and current chairman of the Philippine Competition Commission, will be taking the helm of the National Economic and Development Authority — the same office he had during the term of former President Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III.

In a statement, Balisacan said he would take on his new role "mindful of the immense work needed to accelerate economic recovery and post-recovery development."

"I look forward to working with the economic team and the private sector to bring back the country to its pre-pandemic high-growth trajectory, deliver rapid poverty reduction, and reduce socioeconomic inequality," he said.

Laguesma is set to become the new chief of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) while Ople will head the newly-created Department of Migrant Workers.

Laguesma previously served as DOLE chief under the administration of former president Joseph Estrada.

Ople was a former DOLE undersecretary who founded the non-profit organization Blas Ople Policy Center. The center is named after her late father, who headed the labor department under the administration of Marcos' father before becoming senator and foreign affairs secretary.

Earlier, Cavite Representative Jesus Crispin "Boying" Remulla accepted Marcos' offer to be secretary of the Department of Justice.